Your wedding photography will provide a long-lasting remembrance of one of the happiest days of your life. The right professional photographer should deliver a complete selection of photographs that tell the full story of your day. To help select your professional photographer, keep these thoughts in mind: Hire a professional, don’t trust your wedding memories to a friend with a camera. Interview as many photographers and review as many wedding albums as you can to find the style you like. Reserve your photographer as early as possible. The best photographers tend to be booked up to a year in advance.
Ask the following questions:
- What packages are offered?
- Do you shoot film, digital or both?
- Are the images posted online if not what would this cost?
- How many photos are included in each package?
- Are there "proofs", if so are they yours to keep?
- Is there a set number of reprints you must order?
- What is the cost for additional time or photos?
- How much is the deposit and when is it due?
- When is the balance due?
- Is there a travel charge?
- Are the negatives (digital or film) available to purchase?
If so, do you have to wait a specified time before you can purchase them?
- Do you offer a Photo Booth Pacakge?
Most importantly, view his or her photographs. See if you like the style of photography and see if you interact well with the possible photographer. Book as early as possible, some popular dates go quickly.